Community Engagement & EFDN Coordinator
Under the guidance of the Chief Program Officer, the Community Engagement & EFDN Coordinator oversees Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego’s program for community engagement among agency programs and administration. Coordinates the Emergency Food Distribution Network, functions as the liaison between Catholic Charities, San Diego Food Bank, Feeding San Diego, and parishes to coordinate all aspects of the EFDN program. Works collaboratively with the Volunteer & EFDN Coordinator. And other duties as assigned by the Chief Program Officer.
job RESPONSIBILITIES include:
1. Community Engagement Services
- Responsible for developing rapport between Programs and Administration to seek out and develop opportunities for community engagement, maintaining regular communication with program directors and managers.
- Researches and implements innovative ways of engaging and utilizing community partners that will advance the agency’s mission using comprehensive communication methods including but not limited to: recruitment, training, communication, engagement, recognition, and retention.
- Responsible for the oversight of researching and outreaching to prospective community partners including developing and maintaining relationship with community partners and their volunteers.
- In partnership with the Chief Program Officer assists with the oversight of the agency online volunteer management system, regularly updating volunteer position descriptions, monitoring registrations, and facilitating communication with volunteers.
- In partnership with the Chief Program Officer monitors and manages volunteer outcomes, providing statistical information and/or reporting regarding engagement within the organization’s programs, events, and community partners.
- Facilitates virtual and/ or in person orientations, communicating Catholic Charities’ mission and vision, expectations and partnership with community partners.
- Implements policies to ensure community partners continue to partner with Catholic Charities and bring mutually beneficial resources.
- Creates, implements, and manages community partner retention/ appreciation programs. Develops formal means to provide community partners with appropriate updates and request feedback from community partners on a regular basis.
- Creates and implements appreciation program for community partners.
- Intervenes and mediates issues related to community partners involvement in programs.
- Creates and manages Catholic Charities community partner Ambassador Program including recruitment, orientation, and professional development opportunities of the Ambassadors.
- Provide oversight and guidance for community partners and Ambassadors assigned to programs and community engagement opportunities.
- Monitors and manages community partners’ outcomes, providing statistical information and/ or reporting regarding engagement within the organization’s programs and events.
- Facilitates virtual and/ or in person orientations, communicating Catholic Charities’ mission and vision and expectations of community partners and Ambassadors.
- Implements policies to ensure Ambassadors continue to represent Catholic Charities’ mission and vision within the community at large.
- Creates, implements, and manages community partner retention/appreciation programs. Develops formal means to provide community partners with appropriate updates and receive feedback from community partners on a regular basis.
- Creates and implements appreciation program for community partners.
- Intervenes and mediates issues related to community partners in consultation with the Chief Program Officer.
2. efdn SERVICES
- Manage the extraction of the daily online and telephone food orders for the Network and push daily food request list to Parish/Location Liaisons and/or Parish/Location Coordinators. Resolves online order mix-ups, reassign incorrectly assigned orders, work with parish coordinators and volunteers to resolve client complaints.
- Provide training and technical assistance to parish staff, coordinators, and volunteers regarding management of EFDN files, databases, reports, computer and technology glitches, etc.
- Manage the EFDN Database, including Master Zip Code Assignments and Statistical Reports
- Work with and train a remote volunteer who coordinate with Parish/Location Liaisons and Parish/Location Coordinators to manage weekly food bag consumption rates, inventory, delivery schedule and reconcile the weekly food distribution report.
- Order parish/location supplies and monthly food allocation.
- Complete weekly accountability report for San Diego Food Bank; assemble and reconcile Monthly EFAP report for San Diego Food Bank; and monthly reports for Feeding San Diego.
- Train parish/location staff and volunteers on accountability paperwork, USDA TEFAP compliance, and trauma informed approaches for vulnerable populations.
- Conduct site visits to ensure program is distributing food within the federal program guidelines of the Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- Support daily, weekly parish/location food resupply.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff logistics to receive and store food at the warehouse from the San Diego Food Bank and/or Feeding San Diego; coordinate and provide delivery locations/routes and quality of food to be delivered at each parish/location to warehouse staff; ensure that warehouse staff maintain a log of all activities for food stored at the warehouse, food delivered to parishes/locations, and truck usage log including mileage as per agency policies and procedures.
3 Financial Management
- Uses agency resources (financial and non-financial) prudently.
- Acknowledges and follows financial policies of the agency.
4. SUPPORT OF AGENCY MISSION AND OPERATIONS
- Represent Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego in a positive and professional manner in meetings, community events, and conferences.
- Collaborates and communicates with all Catholic Charities staff, board members, and donors to remain consistent in policies and procedures regarding item solicitations.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for the Community & Volunteer Engagement Program.
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working with community outreach and engagement.
- Must embrace the social justice Mission of Catholic Charities.
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching, basic theology and structure of Diocese and Parish relationships.
- Ability to multitask, meet multiple conflicting deadlines, maintain a mission-oriented perspective.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
- Ability to work productively with colleagues on behalf of the Administration Office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible, find creative solutions and be proactive in managerial approach.
- Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the agency and community.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint & Outlook) as well as experience with related database applications, such as Raisers Edge.
- Must be able to travel to various locations within the Diocese of San Diego as this position requires frequent driving and public speaking engagements.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid California Driver’s License and current automobile insurance in compliance with Agency requirements. This position is subject to background checks including FBI, Department of Justice, and those required by Federal contracts.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Catholic Charities reserves the right to revise job descriptions as the need arises.
Employment Status: Non- Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time (40+ hours/ week) Occasional travel, some weekend and evening work.
Salary: $23.00 per hour
How to Apply
Email Resume to:
PO Box 121831
San Diego, CA 92112-1831