Meal Delivery Driver Kitchen Aid – El Centro
The Meal Delivery Driver provides a range of activities associated with meal service to seniors who are home-bound, including meal preparation, delivery, and clean-up.
- Deliver meals to homebound participants and congregate sites in a timely manner.
- Report any observed changes in or concerns about the health or well-being of seniors being served to the Quality Assurance Manager for follow-up.
- For each delivery; accept donation from senior, issue receipt for donation and record and turn in all donations according to agency procedures.
- Complete all paperwork, records, reports, schedules, etc. with accuracy
- Perform daily vehicle safety inspections (tires, fluids), refuel vehicle as needed, report mechanical problems to Program Manager and County garage.
Vehicle and facility maintenance
- Clean vehicle inside on a daily basis and outside at frequency indicated by conditions.
- Assist other program staff with daily cleanup of equipment, kitchen and dining room areas.
- Assist in packaging meals for home delivery, including placing proper portions of meal items in 3-compartment trays, sealing trays, bagging bread and milk.
- Assist in preparing menu items, including slicing, chopping and steaming vegetables, preparing rice/potatoes/pasta, mixing salad, etc.
Comply fully with all required and recommended health, safety and sanitation codes and practices
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily each essential duty listed below.
- Training truck driving (required).
- High school diploma or GED,
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Prior work experience (at least three months) driving a vehicle other than one’s own and handling food in a restaurant or commercial kitchen.
- Must be in compliance and maintain safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Ability to interact well with other staff and seniors in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability in English to read and comprehend simple instructions, labels and memos.
- Ability in English to listen and follow verbal directives by Cook and/ or Program Manager.
- Ability in English to express verbally what is needed and what has been done.
- Able to recognize, understand and utilize dry and liquid measures (ozs, cups, tsps.) and portions.
- Ability to understand and utilize portions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers up to three digits.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid California Driver’s License,
- Safe driving record as demonstrated by a DMV report that shows no violations or restrictions.
- Must successfully complete Food Handlers Certification
- Must successfully complete a DOJ live scan.
- Tuberculin Skin Test.
- CPR/ First Aid Certification (desired)
- Proof of Hepatitis A immunization or immunity
The physical demands described here re representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, to sit and to get in and out of a vehicle. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hot surfaces and items, freezers, moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, wet floors, sharp knives. The employee, when delivering meals off-site, will travel throughout Imperial County and will be exposed to the weather, especially the heat of the day and the hazards associated with road travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Catholic Charities reserves the right to revise job descriptions as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Work Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/ week), M-F 5:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Salary: $13.00 Per Hour
How to Apply
Email Resume to:
PO Box 121831
San Diego, CA 92112-1831