Quality Assurance Case Manager – El Centro, Imperial Valley
Responsible for conducting quality assurance-related functions associated with the Senior Nutrition Program, including compliance with program and agency standards, quality of services to seniors, data entry and assessment of eligibility.
This position is in El Centro, Imperial Valley, CA
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. CASE MANAGEMENT:
- Assures all program participants are properly registered for services and that documentation of participant eligibility, level of need and other information, such as participation level, required by funding source(s) is obtained and entered into the County’s database in an accurate, complete and timely manner
- Assists Program Manager to arrange for training staff and volunteers in areas required by contract, such as elder abuse, food handling, proper use of equipment, confidentiality of data
- Conducts outreach activities, such as posting/distributing flyers, to encourage participation in the program
- Conducts in a timely manner the initial eligibility assessment of each new Home-delivered meal
- participant as well as the quarterly reassessment of continued need and eligibility
- Prepares monthly newsletter, Food For Thought, in conjunction with the Program Manager, that informs participants about important program information, including the menu for the month
- Prepares narratives and newsworthy stories for local media and the agency’s webpage and electronic newsletter
- Receives, reviews, and works with the Program Manager to respond to and resolve concerns, complaints and/or problems expressed by participants regarding the quality of services provided
- Assures that the caseload does not exceed program capacity by using established screening/priority criteria and maintains/monitors any waiting list for home-delivered meals
- Follows up on reports made by drivers regarding identified needs of participants, and intervenes, as appropriate, to ensure well-being of seniors
2. Site specific duties:
- Conducts visits to congregate sites and inspects for cleanliness and safety
- Coordinates socialization activities at congregate sites
- Serves as a referral source to other providers and other agency services for seniors identified by program staff as needing assistance beyond the program’s capacities
- Monitors sign-in procedures at congregate sites to assure completeness, clarity and accuracy of information gathered, including the number of seniors participating and the number of meals served
- Assesses participants’ satisfaction level with program operations and services via the annual satisfaction survey and reports these to the agency’s administration
3. VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT:
- Supervises volunteers and designated activities of senior companions assigned to the program in accordance with the agency’s policies and applicable laws.
education, EXPERIENCE, and skills required:
- Bachelor degree in social work or nutrition or a related degree or minimum of 2 years’ experience in social work.
- Prior experience (at least 2 years), education (degree or coursework), training (certificate) or ability to learn quickly (within three months) the techniques/services of case management:
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred but not required)
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to details and high standards of quality
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of the agency.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Have a cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients , volunteers and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the agency.
- Proficient use of a computer, Internet, email and telephone systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Internet Explorer, and windows file management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Possess passion and enthusiasm for the Mission and values of CCDSD
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess valid California Drivers License and have an excellent driving record. The position requires the use of an automobile, and insurance as required by the agency requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to travel to various locations in the Imperial Valley is required. Incumbent will visit seniors in their homes.
- Exposure to high outside temperatures during the summer months is to be expected.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary: $16.00 per hour
How to Apply
Email Resume to:
PO Box 121831
San Diego, CA 92112-1831